qMedia is a Queen Mary University of London research initiative we operate a large-scale, interdisciplinary research centre which provides an umbrella for media, arts and technology areas across our talented and diverse centres and departments.
The centre includes the following research groups:
- the Centre for Digital Music - c4dm
- the Interaction Media and Communication group - IMC
- the Multimedia and Vision Reseach group - MMV
- the Doctoral Training Centre in Media and Arts Technology DTC
- researchers in Social and Pervasive Computing
qMedia has world class research facilities. As well as the Augmented Human Interaction (AHI) Lab and the Listening Room as well as the CIF-funded Control Room and a Performance Space.
Being based in the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science means we have access to compute clusters and clouds, as well as live sound equipment, 3D motion capture, 3D sound capture and processing, and more.
- The Founding Director is Mark Sandler .
- Martyn Ware (Heaven 17 & The Illustrious Company ) is Associate Director.
qMedia membership within EECS (academics and researchers) currently stands at around 150.